1. The name of this organization is Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association (RFPA), and is associated with Reynoldsburg City schools.
2. The mailing address for the non-profit corporation is:
P.O. Box 60, Reynoldsburg, Ohio 43068
*The Executive Board of the Reynoldsburg Parent Association shall have full power and authority to select and change the principal office location of the Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association from one location to another so long as said principal office remains within the city of Reynoldsburg in the state of Ohio.
3. Location: Reynoldsburg, Ohio
The Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association is a non-profit corporation in the state of Ohio that has been established exclusively for charitable, philanthropic, educational, and the fostering of the football program within the meaning of Section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The primary purpose of the Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association is to fund and support various activities for the football programs and establish, educate, and groom up and coming high school football athletes from the Junior High school program as they move up and become successful athletes in the high school programs located at the Livingston Avenue and Summit Road Campuses.
A. The organization shall be noncommercial, nonsectarian, and nonpartisan.
B. The organization shall work with the Reynoldsburg Football program to provide support for the development of the Reynoldsburg Football program and to support activities outside of the school.
C. The organization shall promote collaboration among its membership, school administrators, and students.
D. No part of the net earnings of the organization shall inure to the benefit of or be distributable to its members, coaches, or other private persons.
E. Notwithstanding any other provision of these articles, the organization shall not carry on any other activities not permitted to be carried on by an organization exempt from federal income tax under Section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code.
F. The organization or members in their official capacities shall not – directly or indirectly – participate or intervene (in any way, including the publishing or distributing of statements) in any political campaign on behalf of, or in opposition to, any candidate for public office; or devote more than an insubstantial part of its activities to attempting to influence legislation by propaganda or otherwise.
G. The Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association shall keep such permanent books of account and records as shall be sufficient to establish the items of gross income, receipts and disbursements of the organization. Such books of account and records shall at reasonable times be open to inspection by authorized representatives of the school district.
Section A: Members
All parents/guardians of the current season of the Reynoldsburg High School football players and the upcoming freshman (currently 8th graders) may be General Board members of the Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association. All Executive Board members must have sat on the board and were active as a General Board member for at least one year. Executive and General Board members have voting privileges. Past players, parents/guardians and members of the community may also join as non-voting members. The Head Football and one (1) other coach (appointed by the head coach) shall be deemed, non-voting member of the organization. General Members may attend board meetings but are not voting members of the Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association board. Executive Board, General Board, General members are expected to show support in a variety of ways and serve on committees that they select.
a. All volunteers are given a ninety (90) day period of observation to see if they exemplify the responsibilities, work ethic, and dedication to this football program. After that period, the board will review and notify potential new members (voting and non-voting members).
b. All General Board member and General Members (non-voting) are required to sign a copy of the bylaws (annually) to acknowledge that they have read the bylaws and understand their outlined expectations and responsibilities.
c. Once a new member has been notified by a Board member of their new membership by two-thirds (2/3) vote, the new member will have thirty (30) days to sign the bylaws and agreements, and submit their annual dues to a member of the executive board.
Section B: Voting body
The Voting body of the Reynoldsburg Football Association will be the 5 Executive Board Members and 10 General Board Members (General Board Members may consist of current and past parents/guardians with a maximum of 10). The Executive Board, General Board, and General Members are expected to show support in a variety of ways and serve on committees of their selection.
In the event, a member is voted out or resigns, for cause, that member must sit out the year following the end of their elected term. If a member is required to resign due to personal reasons; the member must submit their resignation to the board in writing; if the member is in good standing at the time of their resignation, they may return if their situation changes prior to the one-year rule.
Section C: Financial Responsibility and Club Reimbursements
a. Officers and committee members are volunteers and shall serve WITHOUT compensation.
b. Each Executive and General Board member of the Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association shall pay annual membership dues of $25/person or $40/couple.
c. All officers and committee members are entitled to reimbursement for actual expenses incurred in performing their responsibilities of the Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association only as approved by the members of the organization.
d. Travel, meals, admission ticket expenses, membership dues shall not be eligible for reimbursement.
Membership Code of Conduct
The purpose of this Code of Conduct shall be to ensure members of the Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association are held in the highest regard, as both representatives of our community and of our Football Program.
Section A: Code of Conduct
1. All members of the Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association (RFPA) shall at all times refrain from using vulgar, obscene, or suggestive language/gestures during games and/or RFPA events.
2. Social Media shall not be used to air concerns or grievances over any RFPA activities.
3. No member shall engage in any act of violence or threatening behavior during games and RFPA events
4. Members shall not participate in the use of tobacco or alcohol while on school grounds nor during games.
5. Members shall not engage in unsportsmanlike conduct, including but not limited to arguing with umpires, coaches, administrators, players, or other game officials.
6. Members shall not engage in unsportsmanlike conduct not make disparaging remarks to those associated with the opposing team, including their parents and crowd.
7. No member shall interfere in any way with the coaching or operations of the Reynoldsburg Football Teams and Program.
Section B: Violations
1. Any physically violent conduct in violation of this Code of Conduct shall be grounds for immediate revocation of membership, not subject to vote.
2. Any other violation of this Code of Conduct may give grounds for dismissal from the Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association.
3. Such violations shall be reported IN WRITING to the Executive Board.
4. Written reports of Code of Conduct violation submitted to the Executive Board shall be reviewed and investigated.
5. Once the review and investigation has been conducted, the Executive Board shall vote to either dismiss or affirm the violation.
6. Should a written report of a violation be affirmed by the Executive Board, revocation of membership will be placed before the members for a vote at the next board meeting.
Roberts Rule of Order (latest version) shall govern the business meetings of the Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association to which that are applicable, as long as it is consistent with the Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association By-Laws or any special rules to order the Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association adopt.
Section A: Business Meetings
The President of the Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association, as needed by the Executive Board will call business meetings into order. There are to be at least six monthly meetings and a quarterly Executive Board meeting. Executive Board members must attend at least 75% of the called meetings to remain on the Board, unless excused by the president or the vice-president, prior to the meetings.
Section B. Quorum
Quorum shall be two-thirds of the Executive Board.
Section C: Committee Meetings
Committee meetings are scheduled by the respective Committee Chairs, based on the need to meet. There are no minimum or maximum number of meetings required. Findings of these meetings are to be reported to the Executive Board on a monthly basis. If the meeting findings are not being reported to the Executive Board on a monthly basis it will be reviewed by the President. At the time of review, a new committee chair may be appointed. There are no minimum or maximum numbers of members of a committee. Chairs may choose their members from the membership or elsewhere.
Section D: Public Meetings
Public meetings will be held the second Wednesday of the month at 7PM at an identified location. The attendees do not have to be members of the Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association and have no right to participate in the meetings. The executive board can invite nonmembers to express their views or expertise. Public meetings will be used as a means of communication to nonmembers.
Section F: Special Meetings
The President will notify all Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association board members of special meetings that are needed.
Section G: Electronic meetings
All conference calls or video call meetings shall use the same format of a regular business meeting. The President or Committee Chair shall request said meeting type. In the event a board or committee member is unable to be physically present for an in person meeting and available to electrically communicate for said meeting, they must acquire approval from the President or Vice President prior to the meeting.
Section A. President
Candidates for President are not limited by the class of their respective son(s)/player(s) but must have been a board member for at least one year to be eligible for the position. The Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association Board will elect the President by a simple majority vote. The role of the President is to preside over all business meetings of the Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association Board, call meetings, set the agendas, appoint the Parliamentarian, appoint chairman of special committees and oversee committee progression toward their goals and generally act as Chief Operating Office for the Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association. The President is to be authorized on the bank accounts and is the one required name on any checks over the amount of $750.00 with a second signature of a Treasurer on behalf of the Reynoldsburg Football Association and the Coaches and the staff. This officer has the authority to sign contracts that have been approved by the executive board. The President is expected to show support in a variety of ways including volunteering and serve as an ex-officio of all committees except the nominating and auditing committees.
**President and Treasurer cannot be family or live in the same household.
Section B: Vice President
Candidates for Vice President are not limited by the class of the respective son(s)/player(s) but must have been a board member for at least one year to be eligible for this position. The Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association Board will elect the Vice President by a simple majority vote. The Vice President shall perform in the absence of the President, the functions of the President. In addition, the Vice President must be the aide-to-the-president, assisting in all duties as named above under the President’s responsibilities. The Vice President is expected to show support in a variety of ways including volunteering and serve on committees that he/she select.
Section C: Treasurers
Candidates for Treasurer are not limited by the class of the respective son(s)/player(s) but must have been a board member for at least one season to be eligible for this position. The Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association Board will elect two Treasurers by a simple majority vote. Treasurers are expected to oversee the fiscal operations of the Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association as directed by the Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association President and the Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association Board. They act as liaisons to the bank, keep the integrity of the Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association not-for-profit status, develop and present all activities in the fiscal reports to the Board, keep book of account and records including bank statements, receipts, budgets, invoices, paid receipts, cancelled checks dating back seven years (record retention) and provide development and oversight to the Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association budget. The Treasurers are authorized on the bank accounts. One Treasurer must be the second signature to any checks made on behalf of the Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association. Present a financial report, both written and verbal, at every meeting of the Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association and as requested by the executive board or voting body. Be responsible for the maintenance of such book of account and records as conform to the requirements of
Article III, G of these bylaws. Complete and file all necessary tax documents. The Treasurer is expected to show support in a variety of ways including volunteering and serve on committees that he/she select.
**President and Treasurer cannot be family or live in the same household.
Section D: Secretary
Candidates for Secretary are not limited by the class of the respective son(s)/player(s) but must have been a board member for at least one season to be eligible for this position. A schedule or determination, of which secretary/assistant will take minutes for each of the Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association meetings, will be required and reported to the President or Vice President. Additional Secretary duties include: development of the meeting agendas with the President, take minutes and report them, but also to keep accurate records of player/parent logistical information and other member records. Maintain sign-in sheets and submit monthly report of volunteer numbers. Activities will also include developing written correspondence on behalf of Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association and keeping a notebook and file of all formal minutes that will be passed on to the successors. The Secretary will need to develop a plan for mailings when needed or e-mailing as required.
Section E: Parliamentarian
The Parliamentarian shall have a current copy of the Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association bylaws, and a thorough working knowledge of said bylaws; advise the presiding officers on questions of parliamentary procedure, and vote only when the vote is ballot
Section A: Function
The function of the Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association Executive Board shall be to make policies and direct the activities of the Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association.
Section B: Executive Board
1. For the first two years of operation, beginning in school year 2019/2020 through 2020/2021, the Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association Executive board shall remain as is until the October election of 2020.
2. Beginning school year 2019/2020, the positions of Vice-President and Secretary shall hold elections for the terms ending in even numbers and the positions of President and Treasurer to hold elections in the school terms ending in odd years. The required and executive officers of the Reynoldsburg Football Association shall be President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer.
3. The officers shall comprise the Executive Board.
Section C: Officer Eligibility
1. Each position shall be by nomination and then elected by the Executive and General Boards. Self-nominations are prohibited.
2. A candidate for office shall be a member of the Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association for a minimum of one (1) year prior to being nominated to be eligible for office.
3. A candidate for office must have a child who is a registered student at one of the Junior High Schools in the Reynoldsburg City School District or at the Reynoldsburg High School.
4. Reynoldsburg City School district employees may not run for the office of Treasurer.
Section D: Elections
1. The minimum officers for the Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association shall be one President, one Treasurer, and one Secretary. Additional Officers may be nominated, subject to need and the Executive Board approval of said need for additional officers
2. Officers, with the exception of a Parliamentarian and Activities Coordinator, shall be elected by ballot in the month of October. However if there is but one (1) nominee for an office, election for that office may be by voice vote. (The President subject to the approval of the newly elected officers shall appoint the Parliamentarian.)
3. An Individual shall be a member of the Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association for one (1) year minimum prior to them being nominated and/or taking office.
4. Officers shall assume their official position one week following the Football banquet and serve a term of two (2) years.
5. Previous officers and newly elected officers shall work together the prior month to the newly elected officer assuming their duties in order to facilitate a smooth transition.
6. No officer shall serve in the same office for more than two (2) consecutive terms. One who has served more than one-half of a term shall be credited with having served that term.
Section E: Nominating Committee
1. There shall be a nominating committee elected by the General Board at a board meeting prior to the election of officers. Elections shall be by plurality. The committee shall be composed of three (3) members. One (1) alternate shall be elected to serve in the event a member is unable to serve. The committee shall elect its own chair immediately following the meeting.
2. Only those persons who have signified their consent to serve if elected shall be nominated for or elected to such office.
3. No person shall automatically serve on this committee because of his office in the Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association or position in the school system.
4. The President may not serve as a member of this committee, nor may he/she appoint any of the committee.
Section F: Vacancies
1. A vacancy occurring in any elected office shall only be filled if there is a candidate that has served in any capacity with the Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association during the previous ten (10) week football season and the Executive Board does not have an odd number of officers to vote, this candidate shall be elected by a majority vote of the Executive Board. There must be at least a three (3) days’ notice of such election having been given.
2. In the event a vacancy occurs in the office of President, the Vice President shall serve notice to the Executive Board of election.
3. Should the executive office not have a Vice President, to take the place of the President the Executive and General Boards shall schedule a special election to fill the vacant offices with a majority vote.
Section F: Reason to Remove
By two-thirds (2/3) vote of the Executive Board an officer or chairman shall be removed from the office for failure to perform duties, failure to adhere to the Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association bylaws, criminal misconduct, or unethical behavior in the Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association business. An officer or chair who misses three consecutive meetings may be removed from office.
Standing and Special Committees
Section A: Guidelines
1. Only members of the Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association shall be eligible to serve in any elective or appointive position.
2. The Executive Board may create such standing and special committees as it may deem necessary to promote the Purposes and carry on the work of the Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association. The term of each chair shall be one (1) year or until the selection of a successor.
3. The Newly elected President shall call a meeting of the incoming officers within thirty (30) days after election for approving standing committee chairs and such other business as becomes necessary.
4. Chairman Terms:
a. No Chairman shall serve in the same office for more than two (2) consecutive terms. One who has served more than one-half of a term shall be credited with having served that term.
b. Each new Chairman will be given a ten (10) week probationary period. Within the probationary period, the board will observe if the chair will be able to fulfill the requirements/expectations of the said committee. If there is a vacant board seat, committee chairman will be given a ninety(90) day a time frame to show that they are active and will be an asset to the board. That ninety-day period will start at the time they except the ten (10) week probationary period. At the end of the term, each chair will be go through an evaluation to determine if they will remain in that position for a second term.
c. Each Chairman will is required to read and sign the current bylaws and acknowledge that they are in agreement with the terms presented in the bylaws for their position. In addition, every chair must have a co-chairman. Each co-chair must either be appointed by the president or have two-thirds (2/3) approval of the committee.
5. All standing committee chairmen shall:
a. Deliver to their successors or the President official materials within fifteen (15) days following the date at which their successors assume their duties;
b. Present a Plan of Work to the Executive Board for approval. No committee work shall be undertaken without this approval; and
c. Have a current copy of the Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association bylaws.
6. The President shall be an ex-officio of all committees except the nominating and auditing committees
7. The quorum of any committee shall be a majority of its members.
Section B: Standing Committees
a. Food Committee – Members will be responsible for providing pre-game meals to Varsity and Junior Varsity players on Friday night games and post-game meals to freshman on Saturday game days. This committee will also be responsible for planning the end of season banquet.
b. Fundraising Committee – This committee is responsible for all activities pertaining the events chosen to raise money for the organization.
c. Communications Committee – All members will be responsible for how information will be sent out to the players, parents, and community. They will maintain whatever methods of communications that are set in place. ( Facebook, Remind App, and Website are currently being used)
d. Program Committee – Members will develop from beginning to end the programs sold during the home football games.
e. Booster Barn Committee – Committee will be the decision-makers for all designs and items sold in the Booster Barn.
f. Education Committee – Members of this committee will create educational sessions deemed necessary to help with studying habits, academics, gaining knowledge on the recruiting process and any other ideas they identify to help with the growth of the players and their parents.
g. Nominating Committee – Shall be responsible for the Executive Officer’s election process from beginning to end.
h. Audit Committee – Members are to oversee the organization’s internal controls, risk management procedures, financial reporting process, selection of the independent auditor (if needed), and receipt of audit results both internal and external.
i. Junior High Committee – This committee is responsible for the planning of after game snacks for the seventh (7th) and eighth (8th) grade football teams as well as the end of season banquets. Members will also assist coaches if help is needed.
j. Hospitality Committee – Responsible for notifying the Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association of a player, coach, staff, or the community member that has incurred an injury, sickness, or funeral. These events would require sending cards or flowers on behalf of the Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association and the Football teams. Committee will also reach to board members if they have missing multiple meetings.
Fiscal Year and Responsibilities
Section A: Fiscal Year
The fiscal year of the Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association shall begin December first (1) and end November thirtieth (30).
Section B: Responsibilities
1. Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association Executive and General Board shall review the budget.
2. Approve acceptance of funds from sources outside of the Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association fundraising activities.
3. Approve/decline the request for funding various committee projects.
4. Approve the final fiscal accounting reports.
5. Request/require an outside audit, if needed.
Section C: Audit Committee
The audit committee will consist of not less than three (3) members, who are not authorized signers, shall be appointed by the president subject to the approval of the Executive Board at least thirty (30) days before the last meeting of the year, and the audit committee report shall be adopted by the Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association.
The Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association may be dissolved by a vote of the Executive and General Board, in accordance with the appropriate articles of h non-profit corporation laws of the State of Ohio with any resulting monies sent to the Reynoldsburg High School Football account. Upon dissolution, the remaining assets will be exclusively used for exempt purposes.
Statement of Nondiscrimination
Notwithstanding any provision of these by-laws, the Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association shall not discriminate against any Executive Board, General Board, or General Members based on gender race, color, ethnicity, religion, or national origin.
These bylaws may be amended at any meeting of the Reynoldsburg Football Parent Association, provided a quorum is present, by two-thirds (2/3) vote of the members present and voting. Notice of the proposed amendment shall have been given at the previous regular meeting of the thirty (30) days prior to the meeting at which the amendment is voted on.
Together, these bylaws have been voted on and affirmed